Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lack of Attendance At Events?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"British movie star Kate Beckinsale refuses to buy into Hollywood's glamour scene because she'd prefer to be at home bathing her daughter than attending a glitzy party. Motherhood will always come first for the Underworld star and she admits she has often turned down party invites and snubbed premieres because they interfere with bathtime at home. She says, "If going to a premiere means missing (daughter) Lily's bathtime, I won't miss bathtime. "I can't tell you how many times I've gone to present at the Golden Globes, come home, whipped the dress off and read to my daughter wearing gazillion-dollar earrings. "That's how it goes in my house, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

The expected response to the above is "does Kate not care about publicity?" The truth would be, no. Of course, her career somewhat depends on it, but as long as Kate is Kate - she'll continue to do things her own way. Because of that alone, I admire her very much.

No comments: