Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kate Does Allure!

Spring is a comin'! More stuff!

Kate Beckinsale showed off some smoky eyes and sexy wind-blown hair for the March issue of Allure. She's got a new movie called Snow Angels coming out next month, but quirky Kate was more interested in talking about her early struggles in the industry and how she's risen to her current level of success. Here are highlights:


On her job: "Acting requires so much delving into yourself and exposing yourself, so it's sensible to be wondering, Do I still want to be doing this? But I enjoy the work, and everything is so solid at home. I don't care if they say I've had buttock implants. Or not. I don't care. Go ahead! That's the nice thing about getting to the age I am. I could have said I didn't care before—but secretly I did. And now I really don't."

On considering quitting acting to become a doctor: "I was at the point where I was wondering whether the work I was doing was sustaining me intellectually. I'd had enough of the ludicrous questions. Like, 'Have you had your boobs done?' or 'Have you slept with Colin Farrell?'"

On struggling with her career: "I sort of ended up in Los Angeles by accident. And it was sort of terrible to be jostled into this position of a fame-hungry starlet. Which is so honestly not me! In fact, I could use a bit more of that because I am such a hermit! So I allowed myself to get really bothered."


On her husband, Len Wiseman: "I have a husband who lit-erally worships me. And cleans the house. And blow-dries my daughter's hair."

Sounds like Kate made the right decision when she decided to stick with acting instead of switching over to the medical field, an idea that she had toyed with. Being a movie star with a hot husband who is also into hairstyling sounds like a pretty sweet deal to us.


Text & Photos courtesy of
PopSugar.com

Major props to my reader Dan Murray for alerting me towards this link!


No comments: