Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Not the Norm

Having recently read a thread on another forum where a Kate fanatic was explaining one of the reasons why he thought she was such a great person, I thought this would make an interesting post as I happen to share his feelings.

He said something along the lines of: I like the fact that despite her great mass of wealth, she's not flashy - she doesn't go out and buy some thirty cars and a gigantic mansion. And I'm sure you Kate fanatics will agree that it's true. Despite making some £3,000,000 in 2006, Kate doesn't have a flashy car - for more than a few reasons, mind you - but nor does live in the some excessive mansion with machine guns, security guards and the Great Wall of China surrounding her.

And you know, Len appears to be like that too. Though often accused of "looking like a bum", I admire the fact that he's not a flashy guy. He appears to be quite ordinary and despite his great mass of wealth - oh yeah, you can be sure he's got it - he drove a late 90's BMW 3-Series Cabriolet for a long while until last year when he purchased a Range Rover. Though, one could argue that a Range Rover is the epitome of the "trendy SUV for the wealthy", I truly don't believe it was bought for reasons of boasting.

I really do believe Kate is a "down to earth" kind of person, and that's yet another reason why I admire her so much.

No comments: