Friday, March 7, 2008

"Kate Beckinsale in 'Celebrity Denial'"

Wednesday, March 5 2008, 13:09 GMT
By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

"Kate Beckinsale has claimed that she still finds it hard to consider herself a celebrity.

The actress argued that she spent more time in her kitchen than on red carpets and said she couldn't understand the paparazzi's obsession with following her.

She told Los Angeles Confidential: "I'm in complete denial about being a celebrity.

"I spend 80% of my time in my kitchen and occasionally I'm wheeled out to pretend to be Kate Beckinsale for awards shows.

"I'm not at nightclubs every night but I'll take my kid hiking and several paparazzi will show up and it's like, 'What? I'm not shaving my head in public. You need to leave me alone'."

The Van Helsing star also revealed that she would be willing to look ugly in a movie, as long as the role was a good one.

She commented: "Not necessarily for an Oscar, [but] I would for a great part.

"I don't think you can ever guarantee an Oscar nod. I think if you were doing it for that and you gained 300 pounds and you didn't get nominated"


Courtesy of DigitalSpy.co.uk

No comments: