Monday, April 7, 2008

Kate & American Accents

28/03/2008 19:12

British actress Kate Beckinsale perfected her American accent as a child, with a TV diet of The A-Team and Knight Ride. The Pearl Harbor beauty believes British actors find it easier to pick up an American twang, because they grow up watching popular U.S. shows. And she admits she was no exception. The 34-year-old tells AOL Movies, "There are some American actors that do (it well). I thought Anne Hathaway did a fantastic British accent in Becoming Jane. But on the whole, I think we have to do it more, and we hear it more growing up. "I know that I came to America and I could perfectly understand everything everybody was saying, because we grew up on Knight Rider and The A-Team."

Text courtesy of ContactMusic.com

No comments: